South Carolina Bus Accident Lawyer
Many people rely on bus transportation for work reasons, personal errands, and long-distance trips, and South Carolina parents rely on buses to get their children to school. While the data indicates that buses are certainly safer than automobiles, the South Carolina Department of Public Safety Traffic Collision Fact Book reveals that accidents are still a threat. More than two dozen people have lost their lives in recent years, and there are over 200 injury-causing bus accidents every year.
Your life could be turned around if you were hurt or lost someone close to you in a bus collision, so it is a relief to know that you have rights under state law. At the Gus Anastopoulo Law Firm, we will pursue the at-fault parties to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Please call our Charleston office to set up a free case review with a South Carolina bus accident lawyer. Some general information may also be helpful.
Liability in Bus Crash Claims
Bus accidents are caused by many of the same issues behind any motor vehicle collision, and driver negligence is usually to blame. Any time a bus operator fails to exercise reasonable care while driving, the potential for crashes increases. Still, these incidents are unique for multiple reasons.
- Due to their size, weight, and lack of safety restraints for passengers, bus crashes tend to cause serious injuries.
- You could be involved in a crash in various ways, including as a bus passenger, the occupant of another vehicle, a pedestrian, or bicycle rider.
- There are often several potential parties to pursue beyond the operator, such as an employer, the manufacturer of defective parts, or a school district or other government body.
- When your child was injured in a bus accident, there are special rules that apply to the legal process for victims under age 18.
Our Team Can Assist with the Legal Process
There may be multiple potential parties to hold accountable after a bus collision, but the process for recovering compensation generally works the same as other crashes. You first file a claim with an insurance company and attempt to negotiate an agreement. If the insurer refuses to settle for a fair amount, you may need to take your case to court.
Our team at the Gus Anastopoulo Law Firm will provide essential legal support at every stage along the process. It is the goal of our South Carolina bus accident attorneys to get the highest amount of compensation allowed by law, including:
- Economic damages for such losses as medical costs, lost income, and out-of-pocket expenses; and
- Noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, and emotional distress.
Call Now to Speak to a South Carolina Bus Accident Lawyer
This summary of the laws may be useful, but it is no substitute for retaining an experienced attorney to represent you after a bus collision. Our team at the Gus Anastopoulo Law Firm is dedicated to fighting for your rights, so please contact us to schedule a no-cost consultation. You can reach our office by calling 843-310-5555 or visiting us online.