South Carolina Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing services have exploded in popularity throughout South Carolina because they are convenient, affordable, and easy to use. In fact, industry experts report that the ridesharing industry is worth around $61 billion, as more than 82 million people in the US book a trip at least once a month. Uber alone has almost 4 million drivers nationwide, and Lyft boasts a 30 percent of the market share. Unfortunately, there is a significant downside to the increase in ridesharing services: There is a corresponding spike in fatal and injury-causing Uber and Lyft accidents.
Fortunately, victims have many of the same rights and remedies as they would after a typical crash, so it is possible to recover compensation for your losses. The Gus Anastopoulo Law Firm is knowledgeable about the Uber and Lyft accident process, which is slightly different and more complex. Please call our Charleston office to schedule a no-cost consultation with a South Carolina Uber & Lyft accident lawyer, and read on for an overview and tips on what to do.
Liability and Insurance Issues with Ridesharing Accidents
Any motor vehicle crash is usually the result of negligent acts, so you will need to prove how the other driver was at-fault. In most cases, your first step in the legal process is filing an insurance claim. In the context of Uber and Lyft collisions, two key issues arise:
- Liability: You will need evidence that the ridesharing driver breached the legal duty to exercise reasonable care while behind the wheel. It is also necessary to prove that the breach of duty was the direct cause of the accident.
- Insurance: Coverage will depend upon how the Uber or Lyft driver was interacting with the app. In cases where the driver was logged on looking for customers or transporting someone, these and other ridesharing companies carry up to $1 million in liability coverage.
What To Do After an Uber or Lyft Collision
Because of the complex issues involved with liability and insurance, it is essential to take quick action after a ridesharing accident. Your tasks may depend upon the position you occupy. You could be injured as an Uber or Lyft passenger, the driver or passenger in another car, or while walking or biking. The South Carolina Uber and Lyft attorneys at Gus Anastopoulo Law Firm will handle all legal issues as we strive to obtain monetary damages for your losses. However, some To-do’s for victims include:
- Get medical care for your injuries right away.
- Make sure to get contact information for ALL involved vehicles and drivers.
- Use your phone to take pictures of the intersection, stretch of road, area businesses, traffic controls, and other physical evidence.
Consult with Our South Carolina Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers Today
To learn more about your options after being injured in a rideshare accident, please call 843-310-5555 or go online to reach the Gus Anastopoulo Law Firm. We can set up a free case assessment with an experienced attorney who can explain the legal process.