Gus Anastopoulo is the founder and principal attorney at the Gus Anastopoulo Law Firm, serving the residents of Charleston and North Charleston. His personal injury practice focuses on motor vehicle accident victims, with a particular emphasis on helping victims of drunk drivers and holding both the drunk drivers and the bars who served them accountable for their share in creating a dangerous situation and causing a serious crash.
Gus is a native of Charleston, South Carolina. After completing his undergraduate studies in Florida, Gus returned to Charleston to attend law school and chose to remain here to represent the people of the Low Country. Gus prides himself on the fact he has only ever represented individuals in need; never an insurance company trying to evade responsibility or the government trying to lock someone up.
Gus graduated from Florida State University and Charleston School of Law, where he made the Dean’s List and was a member of the school’s Trial Advocacy Team. A true litigator at heart, he is admitted to practice in all state courts throughout South Carolina, as well as the federal U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina. Gus is a member of the South Carolina Association for Justice and the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In 2019, he was selected to Best Attorneys of America – Young Lawyer Division.
- Florida State University B.S.
- Charleston School of Law, J.D.
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- Elite Lawyer Personal Injury – Gus A. Anastopoulo 2022
- South Carolina Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2022
- Expertise.com 2022 – Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Charleston
- 2019 Best Attorneys of America- Young Lawyer Division
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40